Tuesday 27 March 2012

Caramel Pork Ribs using Happy Call Pan

These Caramel Pork Ribs are not from any restaurant. Heh, this was just my another successful attempt using Happy Call Pan.

A few days ago was my father's birthday. We had an earlier celebration outside, so on the actual day, I decided to cook something for him. I know my father likes pork ribs, whether it is BBQ pork ribs or sweet and sour pork ribs. 

Usually I do not like to cook pork ribs because getting them soft and tender without getting them burnt is quite difficult. But with my new experience with Happy Call Pan, I was pretty confident they will turn out ok.  So I decided to make Caramel Pork Ribs as a western dish with sides; corn, baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes and salad greens.

1. I marinated and coated the pork ribs with light soya sauce, sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), a little dark soya sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, pepper and leave for at least 30minutes to an hour.

2. Wash clean and dry the corn, and coat them with little salt and pepper. 

3. Heat up the Happy Call Pan for 5 minutes.

4. Dribble half a teaspoon of olive oil, and add the corn, potatoes and tomatoes into the pan. Tomatoes take about 5 minutes to roast, while the corn and potatoes take about 20 minutes. Halfway, apply butter on the corn and continue to cook them in the pan.

5. In the meantime, prepare the salad greens.  I used lettuce, carrots and some rocket leaves, simply topped with my favourite cold and appetising roasted sesame sauce.

6. Next, lay the marinated pork ribs into the Happy Call Pan. If the potatoes are still not soft, continue cooking together with the pork ribs. 


7. The pork ribs took about 20 minutes to cook, the last 5 minutes, I opened the lid, applied a touch of honey on top of the ribs and continue cooking them with lid opened so that there is a crisp burnt look at the corners of the ribs. I am satisfied with the hue of the ribs.

8. Finally decorate all items on a plate and serve. 

I am quite happy with the results. Hope my father enjoyed his birthday dish and may he have a long life free from obstacles. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...